Help, I had an accident!
Being Prepared For An Accident
1. You never know when an accident may happen, but you can be prepared by knowing what to do after it happens.
2. Try to keep paper and pen in your car at all times. A low priced disposable camera is also a good idea if you do not have a camera on your phone.
3. Check your auto policy for rental coverage, make sure that if you choose rental that you at least obtain $30.00 per day as that is the average cost for a rental via an insurance claim.
If you have have an accident…
1. Notify your insurance company as quickly as possible even from the scene if you have the opportunity.
2. Take detailed notes of all conversations with your insurance company. Get names, phone numbers, and job titles of people you speak with–including their supervisor’s name.
3. Notify your insurance company the name of the repair facility who you want to repair your vehicle.
4. Write down your claim number and keep it handy. (You will need it as the process moves forward)
5. You will need to speak to the other parties insurance company if you are not at fault in order for liability to be determined.
Your rights when you need to schedule a repair for your vehicle:
1. You may have the facility of your choice complete the repairs to your vehicle. You are not required to use a facility selected by an Insurance Company/claims adjuster. However, you are required by your policy to allow your insurance company a reasonable amount of time to inspect the damages prior to repairing your vehicle.
2. Only you, the vehicle owner, can authorize repairs on your vehicle.
3. Repair estimates will vary. A low estimate may not include all parts and procedures required to repair your vehicle. Insurance claim adjusters by law can only write for the repairs they can see. Once your vehicle is within the repair facility, they will perform a tear down. A tear down will allow unseen damage to been seen and written for repair. If the repair facility determines additional damage has occurred, they will call your insurance company’s adjuster for a supplement to cover and pay for the additional damage. Supplements are very common.
4. Your insurance company wants your vehicle properly repaired and you to be completely satisfied with their claims service. You have specific rights and obligations. Review your policy. Understand your rights.
5. The vehicle is being repaired for you the owner. If you sign a direction to pay for the repair facility this will expedite the release of the vehicle if supplemental damage is determined after the original estimate.
6. American Auto Body & Repair Inc. stands ready to assist with any claims concerns. We will work closely with you to minimize your inconvenience and maximize your satisfaction. This is our pledge to you.
"I was in a major accident in my new car. Based on all of the positive reviews for American Auto Body, I figured I'd give them a chance to repair my vehicle. Not only are all the staff very friendly and helpful, but they did phenomenal..."
"Couldn't be happier. Car looks great! The service was friendly and accommodating. A big thank you to Mary! The whole process was smooth and stress free. The only stress was figuring out how to pick it up on time because it was ready so quickly."